Your kitchen is likely one of the most popular spaces in your house. Not only is it used for food prep and cooking, but it’s also for socializing and often doubles as the kids’ homework station. After all, everybody wants to be where most of the food is. With all of the various types of usage your kitchen gets, have you ever thought about giving it a makeover to fit your lifestyle and cooking needs better? What about updating it to the current decade?
While you may have some good reasons to make a change, we’d like to share five telltale signs that it may be time for a kitchen remodel in Wichita, KS—big or small:
- Dated cabinets: Many older homes still have their original kitchen cabinets that are just now beginning to lose their integrity. Also, they may be too small for your needs or look outdated. Your options include installing new cabinets that can accommodate all your food products, pots and pans, dishes and miscellaneous kitchenware, or see if a contractor can restore the beautiful old wood of still usable cabinets.
- Damaged countertops: Laminate and wood countertops are more likely to sustain major damage over stronger materials like granite, marble and metal. After awhile, no matter the material it’s made of, your countertops might start to look old and dirty and like a giant, seasoned chopping board, even though you wipe it down after each use. Replace that old counter for a more sanitary, more aesthetically pleasing one.
- Kitchen is too small: There are many things that can make a kitchen feel small, including low ceilings, an inconveniently placed island and cabinets that stick out too far. It all becomes a problem when you are unable to move around your kitchen without bumping into others or hitting your hip on a sharp corner. A general contractor can do a kitchen remodel in Wichita, KS that will give you adequate space to maneuver.
- Appliances don’t match: There will come a time when you need to replace your large kitchen appliances. The new ones great for energy efficiency, but unfortunately, the rest of your kitchen may not match the new appliances. This could be the excuse you’ve been waiting for to do a full kitchen update—especially if it’s been in desperate need of a facelift.
- No longer a popular spot: So, the kitchen used to be a common hangout area for your family and friends, until something scared them away. It could be as simple as bad lighting or dirty looking countertops, or a bigger issue like too many people and no room to sit. If your kitchen is no longer warm and inviting, you might want to consult with a general contractor.
Whether your kitchen space is in dire need of an update or the installed fixtures are worse for wear, you and your family can benefit from a professional kitchen remodel in Wichita, KS. At Nelsen Construction LLC, our team is experienced in providing remodeling services to replace your old cabinets, inspect the flooring, install new countertops and more. Don’t hesitate to contact us for all your residential construction and remodeling needs!
Categorised in: Kitchen
This post was written by admin